What to Look for When Choosing a Brow Microblading Artist If you’re considering microblading to help create the look of fuller, more defined brows, the first step is finding a trustworthy artist to do the job. Microblading or Power Brows use small pigment deposits to transform sparse or barely-there brows. When done correctly, microblading creates the illusion of natural-looking fuller brows. Cosmetic tattooing essentially replaces the need for brow makeup like powers, pomades, and pencils. Instead, you’ll wake up with full, perfect-looking brows. But how do you know what to look for in a brow artist? We’re sharing everything you need to know about selecting the right brow artist for your next microblading appointment. Read until the end if you’re looking for Microblading in Connecticut!
Why is Choosing the Right Artist Important?Not all microblade artists achieve the same results. The truth is, there are plenty of microblading artists who may understand the basic techniques but haven’t mastered the color theory, shade matching, or brow design. Education and training are a must if you want the most natural-looking results. Power Brows are an art. It takes a lot of practice to master cosmetic tattooing, and going to an untrained person can have its consequences. For example, if an artist uses too much pressure, it creates unnatural-looking and patchy hair strokes that can permanently change pigment color. If you choose the wrong microblade artist, you could end up with bad-looking brows, or worst case scenario, allergic reactions, scarring, infections, or have to undergo painful removal treatments. Find an Artist that Matches Your Style If you look at photos from different brow artists, you’ll notice how different methods have different final results. Some artists may specialize in more natural-looking brows, while others may concentrate on more dramatic results. Professional brow artists should be able to achieve any look you desire, but it’s always a good idea to find someone who focuses on the type of brows you hope to achieve. How to Choose Your Microblading Artist Powder Brows and Microbladed Brows can drastically enhance the appearance of your face. There are several things you should look for in a good artist. Here’s a list of things to consider.
- Ask them where and when they got licensed. If they attended a respectable academy, that’s always a good sign! Artists who graduate from an accredited program will have mastered color theory, shade matching, brow design, and how to enhance facial features.
- Look through your artist’s social media or website portfolios to get a feel for their work. Keep an eye out for before & after photos. If you can find reviews from past clients, that’s even better.
- What is the artist’s permanent makeup style? What pigments are they using? Feel free to ask an artist these questions before you book a consultation. Not all cosmetic tattooing products are created equal. You want to make sure they’re using high-quality pigments and tools.
- Do they invest in proper tools and products? The best microblading artists use sterile blades, medical-grade disinfectants, medical-grade anesthetic, and disposable products to avoid cross-contamination. Additionally, blades and tools should be disposed of immediately following the procedure in a sharps container.
- Finally, where do they work? Is the salon licensed? Does the salon itself have good customer reviews? Finding a clean, sterile, and reputable salon is just as important as finding the right artist.